Friday, September 20, 2013

Protein-packed Tuna Salad

Hello Everyone!

I really believe a healthy diet can (and should) be uncomplicated. It's the only way to make it sustainable. That's why most things I share with you here are so simple. This tuna salad features two of my all-time favorite ingredients; kamut and dill. Kamut is an ancient grain and I like including it in my foods because it is a different kind of grain in your diet (instead of the over-consumed wheat), and it is also high in protein relative to other grains. Dill adds a lovely flavor to this salad. In general, herbs are not only an amazing way to add flavor to your foods without adding calories or sodium, but also have many health boosting properties. I hope you give this humble salad a try! The protein-rich, avocado-based dressing makes it completely guilt-free!  





 
 

Tuna Salad

Ingredients:

Avocado Mayo:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 avocado
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp regular mustard
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped (you can use more if you really like dill. I do!)
A dash of pepper
1 tsp sea salt

Salad:
1 cup cooked pasta (I used Kamut spirals, but you can use whatever you have available)
2 cups mixed greens, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped in small cubes
1 cucumber, chopped in small cubes
2 cans of tuna

Directions:
For the mayo, simply throw all ingredients in a blender and mix until creamy and smooth. In a separate bowl toss all salad ingredients and mix in the avocado mayo. Enjoy!

Serves 4 (or 2 hungry campers)

~Milu

No comments:

Post a Comment