Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ginger Boost

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, but work keeps me busy and I have been a little under the weather as well. With that in mind, the 'recipe' I have for you today is a very simple one for when you're not feeling that great and need something soothing. I do want to mention, though, that I am not a huge fan of Ginger... but I find this tea quite tolerable, and dare I say even enjoyable. But you may be wondering why do I drink it, if I don't really like it... well, Ginger has amazing properties; it improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body, it is anti-inflammatory, energizing, and it can get rid of throat and nose congestion, just to mention a few. I am a firm believer in that you should try to introduce as much variation as possible in your diet. It just makes sense to me that different foods have different properties and nutrients, so the more kinds of foods we consume, the more complete our diet is. What do you think? 






Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger powder
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 lime
  • 2 drops of concentrated Stevia sweetener or 1 teaspoon Agave syrup

Directions:
Dissolve ginger powder in boiling water, add sweetener of choice, and squeeze in the juice of the lime.  
Enjoy!
~Milu 

No comments:

Post a Comment