I’m still having difficulty finding some time to prepare new posts more regularly, but please bare with me (I do feel guilty!). Anyways, last week I made a super simple and easy salad. I had it a while ago when I was in Barcelona, and they called it ‘Ensaladilla Griega’. It is very much like a caprese salad, but it uses one of my favourite cheeses of all times; Spanish Cheese (aka. ‘Queso Fresco’). This salad only has 4 ingredients and is amazingly refreshing! I know this cheese is a little difficult to find in Canada, but most stores that sell LatinAmerican products should have it. If you’re a cheese lover, like myself, this is a must-try.
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- About 20g of Basil leaves, chopped (I use a bit more because I love Basil!)
- 1 cup queso fresco, in chunks
- Dressing: Olive oil (1 tbsp), dried oregano (1 tsp), salt, pepper, lime juice (half a lime)
Just mix all four ingredients and pour dressing over salad when you’re about to serve. Mix well. Servings: 2