Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Easy peasy tomato salad

Hi everyone!

I’m still having difficulty finding some time to prepare new posts more regularly, but please bare with me (I do feel guilty!). Anyways, last week I made a super simple and easy salad. I had it a while ago when I was in Barcelona, and they called it ‘Ensaladilla Griega’. It is very much like a caprese salad, but it uses one of my favourite cheeses of all times; Spanish Cheese (aka. ‘Queso Fresco’). This salad only has 4 ingredients and is amazingly refreshing! I know this cheese is a little difficult to find in Canada, but most stores that sell LatinAmerican products should have it. If you’re a cheese lover, like myself, this is a must-try. 




 Ingredients:

  • 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • About 20g of Basil leaves, chopped (I use a bit more because I love Basil!)
  • 1 cup queso fresco, in chunks
  • Dressing: Olive oil (1 tbsp), dried oregano (1 tsp), salt, pepper, lime juice (half a lime)
Directions

Just mix all four ingredients and pour dressing over salad when you’re about to serve. Mix well. Servings: 2


Enjoy!
~Milu

No comments:

Post a Comment