Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Spinach Turkey Sliders

Hello everyone!

Last night I came across some interesting recipes for turkey meatballs that included spinach, so I said why not turn them into sliders?! I love appetizer-type foods that are easy to make and eat, and sliders are a staple for me. For this recipe, I modified some of the ingredients to suit what I had at home, and also came up with an interesting condiment to replace mayo. I haven't bought mayonnaise at the supermarket in a loooong time. I usually make it at home using olive oil, but even that feels a little too fatty for a meal sometimes, so I decided to use some plain Greek yogurt instead, see below for the details!





Ingredients:

For the patties:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 2 cups chopped spinach, either frozen or fresh
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup of panko, bread crumbs, or quick oats (added fiber!)
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
For the toppings:
  • Any tomato sauce of your choice
  • Avocado slices
  • "Milu Mayo" : 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt + 1/2 tsp dijon mustard + 1 tsp regular mustard + salt and pepper to taste.
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients for patties in a large bowl, and mix well. Make small patties (slider size) and put on a cooking sheet lined with aluminum foil and covered with a bit of oil to prevent patties to stick to bottom. Bake for 30 minutes total, flipping the patties half way through. Servings: 12 slider size patties.

To serve, I used some tomato sauce at the bottom of the slider, then a teaspoon of my Milu Mayo and a couple slices of ripe avocado to top it off.

Enjoy!

~Milu 

No comments:

Post a Comment